Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens. Please download the documents below for more details.
Our Prevent Strategy
A key part of the government's counter-terrorism strategy is called 'Prevent'. The aim is to prevent radicalisation of any individual, and to positively promote what it means to be British, in order to create a cohesive society that lives out British values, whatever the origins or ethnicity of individuals.
How do we do our part in both preventing radicalisation, and promoting British Values?
- We take great pride in developing our children's Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural development.
- We ensure that our safeguarding practices are kept up-to-date, and our policy and training covers the different aspects of the 'Prevent Strategy'.
- We are ensuring that our pupils are able to think critically using curriculum opportunities.
- We teach about different religions and celebrate Diversity throughout the year.
- All assemblies focus on our Learning Values, which inherently promote British Values.
- We challenge and act strongly on any form of racism or prejudice, either by adults or children.
- We provide strong emotional and pastoral support.