Under the Equality Act 2010 public bodies must publish an equality objective or objectives.
Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not - ensure everyone has equality of opportunity.
Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct under the Act.
Help make sure everyone has an equal chance to make the most of their lives and talent
We have considered how well we currently achieve these aims with regard to the protected groups under the Equality Act (race, disability, gender, gender re-assignment, age, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, sexual orientation, religion and belief and sexual orientation).
We have also involved staff, pupils, parents and others in the following ways:
• Input from staff surveys and through staff meetings/INSET
• Feedback from PHSE lessons, assemblies
• Feedback from parents/carers, pupil and staff surveys/questionnaires
• Feedback from external LA advisors
• Conferencing of vulnerable children and children with identified needs
• Issues raised in annual reviews or review of progress on Individual Education Plans/Personalised Provision Maps
• Feedback at Governor body meetings
• Contact from with parents/carers representing pupils with particular characteristics
• Contact with the local community, charity and disability organisations