Year 1 spent two weeks travelling to different countries all over the world. Each day they had a different focus which included; making postcards, writing captions for pictures they took, writing descriptions, measuring using different pasta, building their own Empire State Building and measuring these. They also created video blogs and became tour guides, both using alliteration.
We finished the two weeks with a food festival, giving children the chance to taste food from the different countries which they visited. We tried:
- Scones and jam from England
- Nachos and dip from Mexico
- Polish sausage, Kopytka (Polish dumplings) and traditional Polish biscuits
- Olives and Paella from Spain
- Cracker bread and meat from Italy
- French stick and cheese from France
- Vegetable samosas and onion bhajis from India
We voted which stall we enjoyed the most - Poland was the winner!