Many of you would have seen that some schools have decided to close already. We are planning to open tomorrow morning (Thursday 1st March) if it is safe to do so and we will of course keep you all informed of our decision making so please check our school website, emails and texts before you set off on your journey to school in the morning. I would like to make it clear that if you do not feel safe about bringing your child to school then you will have to make the decision whether you can make that journey as school cannot make that decision for you.
I suggest that the children plan to bring in sensible shoes/boots, warm coats, hats and gloves as well so that if there is snow we can have a play. World Book Day dress down will go ahead but feel free to pack a change of home clothes in a named carrier bag for the children to change into if their attire is rather skimpy! Please tell your class teacher if you have done this so that they are aware of this extra change of clothes.
If throughout the morning the weather becomes too severe we will inform you of any decision to close part way through the day, so please do keep your phones and emails open and regularly check our website.
Once again keep safe and hopefully we will see you all tomorrow for some snow fun, but of course I'm sure you'll understand, I will have to close the school if I consider that the children and staff's safety are at risk and we certainly don't want anyone stranded at school.