Yesterday Chestnut Class went on a trip to Tesco and today Oak Class went too! The children were able to learn about where their food has come from.
The trip involved:
- finding which country different foods have come from and locating these on a map
- finding items for a Mexican shopping list
- looking around the fridge, freezer and warehouse
- matching cheese names to their countries flags
- tasting different cheeses & breads
- handling fish
The children really enjoyed their trip and learnt a lot!
Thank you to Julie from Tesco for organising and to parent helpers who came with us.